jueves, 21 de agosto de 2014

Antonia's Peaceful Haven

Source: Huesforalice
Watching this video this afternoon made me think of what a lucky girl I am. Antonia, the main character of this short story, needs to wander off her own reality to be in her forest, her private peaceful haven. This doubtlessly reflects the situation of thousands of kids caught in the hellish insanity of the modern cities. Whereas I didn't need to deal with any of it, for I was brought up in the middle of a tropical farm, within fruit trees and amazing wilderness. Sounds idilic, doesn't it? For that little girl who spent her days running up and down the hills and climbing inmense trees it was "normal", for it was all she knew. Now I realize I had quite a privileged childhood - and thank my parents for it. Living my current modern-city, civilized life somehow helps me see the beauty of my past. Don't you think it would be awesome if every little one had the opportunity I had? 
Let's work together to make a peaceful haven of the whole planet! Yeah, it sounds like I am daydreaming too. Perhaps I am. But every little action adds up -we need to think that way to make a real change. Take your time to watch it:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario